In today’s post I will be sharing a few things that I have learnt in 2017. This year was an interesting one to say the least. Some things did not go as planned, both a mix of better than expected and worse, but none the less it’s all life lessons.
- There are many stepping stones in life. Your first job won’t be your last, so just be grateful that you are employed.
- Everything takes time. You can’t rush anything in life. I can’t rush into an amazing environmental career just like I can’t make this blog blow up in a day. You need to work hard towards what you want and in time you will get there.
- Saying no is harder then saying yes. We have all been in situations where you don’t want to say yes, but saying no feels impossible. Well its not, so next time you want to say no try it out.
- Its okay to do things that scare you. Breaking out of your comfort zone is scary but amazing. It will do wonders for you. If I never broke out of mine, I would not have this blog today or be able to share it on facebook for my family to see.
- When in doubt listen to your little voice inside you, it probably knows what its talking about. Unless you have anxiety like me, then sometimes you have to ignore it and go grab experiences by the …. well you know 🙂
- Less friends = more. I have never had a large friend group and I don’t need one. I love having a few close friends who are truly there for me.
- Don’t be afraid to do things by yourself. This year I have really started to do this and it was challenging at first (and still is sometimes). I go exploring for pictures by myself and also edit/write in coffee shops alone. Now I am growing to love me time.
- You’ll grow as a person every year. Its okay.
- Don’t judge people. Everyone around you has a story that you have no clue about.
- You are stronger than you think. Until you are pushed, you will never truly be able to know what you can handle.
- Don’t waste your energy on things you can’t control. This is something I need to work on.
- Stop overthinking every little thing about your life. Another biggie I need to work on, I have over thought way to much about my life so far. I am young and need to chill out.
- There are unlimited things to learn in life. You are never to old to learn!
- Listen to your elders even if you just met them, they have some life experience that you don’t. I have met some very intelligent people this year that have come into my life for one conversation and let me tell you, some things they have told me have stuck.
- You will never have your life perfectly worked out so just relax and enjoy the ride. Go with the flow! Life is not perfect and neither are you!
- If you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves you will never lose your shirt. (Love ya dad)
- Believe in yourself. It does not mater if everyone else believes in you, if you don’t, nothing will happen.
Let me know if any of these resonate with you and if there are any other things you have learnt in 2017 that we can add to the list! Leave them in the comments below 🙂
I hope you all learnt at least one thing in 2017 and that you can use it to improve in 2018!
Until next time,