I have been doing a lot of what some may call “soul searching” this past year. I do not know if that is the technical term for what I have been doing, but let’s roll with it for this post.
Soul searching definition: deep and anxious consideration of one’s emotions and motives or of the correctness of a course of action.
-Definition from Oxford Languages
First of all, 2020 was an insane year that carried itself into 2021. Everyone is still unsure of what is happening or even what the future might look like. I am not sure how it is where you are living, but here in Canada things are starting to open up. Masks are no longer mandatory, although many people still wear them, and vaccines are finally actually getting pumped out. I know for myself, I am quite excited to start being allowed to travel again and it seems as if the vaccine cards (aka vaccine passports) are going to play a large role in that.
2021 has been the year where I have made the leaps, bounds and big moves towards finding myself and my true passions /purposes in life. The move to BC was terrifying. Not going to lie. I still have moments where the voice in my head has an argument with itself as to whether or not it was the right decision. I know people have actually done research on this voice in your head and I am quite interested in learning more about it and the in depth meaning there is behind it.
Anyways, I am rambling.
It has been just over a month in BC for me. In this short time I have had two family members pass away. Their passings were both unexpected and sad. However, here are some valuable lessons I have learned in the past while about life and living:
- Being in your 20’s … you are still a baby to the world. There is so much in store for you that you don’t even know about yet. The world is a beautiful and magical place; don’t rush the beauty of it or the beauty of yourself.
- Live your life to the fullest because you never know what it has in store for you (or to get darker … when it is going to end).
- If you haven’t already, stop caring what other people think of you. YOU will NEVER be everyones cup of tea and that is more than okay.
- Stop comparing your journey to others. Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Go all in on your dreams and be ambitious as hell. Anyone who criticizes you will be telling everyone that they know you in a few years time.
I hope this post did not bring you down too much and in a way maybe motivated or inspired you to start living your full potential. Over the next while I will be making some changes to my blog, however I will still be uploading weekly along the way. Definitely lots of photos from my past trip will be on here in the near future as well. Please stay tuned and comment down below anything you would like to add to the list of valuable life lessons.
Life is short, enjoy it.
Until next time,